Lead by Sheikh Tarik Ata & Br. Omar Ashmawey
The MYOC Youth Group meets on Friday evenings in the OCIF Multipurpose Hall. The meeting time changes according to changes in daily prayer times and daylight savings. These meetings consist of interactive discussions based on relevant topics of the day, presentations prepared by the youth, lectures by guest speakers, and field trips to religious/educational/social events.
Middle School students and High School students are welcome to join.
All High School students, College students and recent graduates are welcome! of local Muslim Youth who are in High School, College, or recently graduated from College.
OCIF Youth Group Mission:
- To establish and strengthen our American Muslim Identity so we can define who we are and speak for ourselves instead of having others try to define us and speak for us.
- To build bonds among the Muslim youth to provide support for one another and help each other grow to become productive members of society who contribute socially and professionally to our community.
- To develop our Islamic Character and knowledge of our deen so that we can become better Muslims and practice our faith with a solid foundation and understanding of the Quran and the teachings our beloved prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him.
- To serve our community by volunteering to help those around us who are in need of our support.
- To reach out to youth and adults of other faiths to build coalitions and organize our efforts towards common goals that benefit our community locally, nationally and internationally.
MYOC Registration Form